Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Update: sleep is difficult

It's 6:04 in the morning. I haven't been able to fall asleep, and my alarm is going to go off in less than two hours.
So I'm blogging about it.

Sleep is difficult, you know? There are so many things to think about, and during the day you're too busy. So when you're finally in the quiet of your own company at night..it all lets loose.

It's still exciting to be here, and maybe that's part of my insomnia.

Everything is so charming.
The bagpipes and kilts. The cobblestone walkways. The stone buildings.

It was incredibly beautiful on Sunday. Sunny like you wouldn't believe: it's like I wasn't even in Edinburgh (although that's a lie; it is, in fact, quite often sunny here).

These pictures honestly don't do Edinburgh any justice, but it's all I have (at the moment).

Teviot building: lit up at night.
Princes Street Gardens
View of the city from North Bridge
Princes Street
I'm going to Stirling this Saturday (about an hour from here) to visit the Stirling Castle and the National Wallace Monument.
Updates and pictures soon to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment