Thursday, January 9, 2014

I go to seek a Great Perhaps

It starts as an ordinary day. Sleeping in, absorbing my comfortable bed, and enjoying snuggles from my pup. Getting out of bed and taking a shower. Eating some buttered toast. Reading.
But suddenly, something abnormal happens: I’m heading to the airport. I’m going to Scotland.

For Christmas this year, Gina was my Secret Santa, and she gave me a wallet that can strap onto a bra (for traveling safety), and a necklace that says "I go to seek a Great Perhaps". She also printed out three sightseeing places from both Wales and Scotland for us to see together, this semester. I think she nailed it with these gifts.

I'm so excited to see be spending a semester in Scotland, but I'm even more excited that I have Gina just a train ride away, in Wales. I hope we really get to see all six places (and more) with each other before the semester, which inevitably will do so quickly, ends.

I will definitely be using the bra-wallet. 
And it goes without saying, but I will wear the necklace everywhere. It's one of my favorite books, it's one of my favorite quotes, and look at how fitting it ended up being. Before the Great Perhaps, however, comes the Great Chaos and the Great Panic.

After a seven and a half hour flight from Minneapolis to Heathrow, a three hour layover, a few blips in getting through security, an almost declined flight ticket, an hour flight to Edinburgh, a half hour bus ride to the city, and a short taxi ride to the hotel, I am finally settled. Well, sort of.

Tomorrow I plan on exploring, going shopping for the things I wasn't able to pack, and figuring out the campus. 

Tonight, I plan on showering, making myself a cup of tea, and getting lots and lots of sleep.

For now, goodnight.
Or good afternoon to you, I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment