Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Durham

This past Saturday, my friends and I spent the day in Durham, England.

It was a three hour bus ride each way, on which we found ways to entertain ourselves:
sleeping, music, eating biscuits, picnic game..

Once in Durham, we immediately decided coffee was the priority. I was glad for this decision, but as it turned out, our pit stop for coffee stalled us past getting tickets for visiting the castle. This was a disappointment, but we were still able to make it to the cathedral (absolutely gorgeous, might I add!) and we wandered around the city on a beautiful sunny day. So all was well.

Part of the cathedral is where Harry Potter scenes had been filmed. I'm no HP fanatic, but I had an overwhelming sense of excitement upon walking out into the hallways. Maybe you recognise some of it?




The cathedral was beautiful, and we learned a lot about St. Cuthburt and the history behind it all. It's quite interesting, if you feel compelled to look into it!

After that, we got lunch at La Spagettata (we were all STARVING). This took up a large chunk of our afternoon, the rest of which we spent exploring and shopping.

I had a great time with my friends, and Durham was an excellent place to spend my Saturday. We even found out where The Muffin Man lives!



This upcoming weekend, Gina and her friend Blair are going to visit. I'm stoked to see her, and it will be a fun weekend where I can shamelessly act like a tourist and get photos of Edinburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment